Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Being Reflexive

the best of what I have achieved in this assignment is fully understanding the concept of becoming a teacher and what to expect when that day comes. What leads me to this repsonse is that all this time ive been in college studying to be an educator and not knowing the obstacles I am about to face having the education of many young children in my hands had not really hit me until now. After the interview i realized that no matter how much i learn to become a teacher, all my knowledge will be based on my dicisions and how intrepret my classroom. I'll be learning everyday as i teach.
One idea that led me to find it exciting and useful is that I cant wait to give my students a chance to remember who i am as their teacher, and that im not just their teacher. When i chose my word memorable, that is what i meant. I can go backto elementary and remember every single teacher i had and be able to describe what kind of teacher they were and what inspiration they brought to my life.

Something i learned from this assignment that i would consider a "lesson for life" is that no matter how much work i put into my teaching career, it will never be enough. no matter what, i will always have to work harder and harder and what i do so that i at least feel a satisfaction of achievement torwards my students and their education. I know i would never give up. Giving up is just not in my nature, and i would never want my students to give up or feel discouraged in any area of their learning.

How i arrived at this conclusion was that ive had a few teachers that didnt find their job very stimulating and found myself along with other students not caring about school so much. Discouragment is not a word i want my students to ever feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment