Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Writing

My occupation... Bartending. Ive been bartending for almost four years now, going to school full time to become an early childhood teacher, and have been living on my own for almost 4 years now. Bartending is a fun and exciting job, but also tiring and stressful at times. Sometimes i feel a little embarrased when i tell people that i bartend, only because what bartending actually is. I serve alcohol to customers. Some people are there at the bar to have fun and not have a care in the world what else is going on, some people are addicted to alcohol, but i wouldnt really know that about someone at first glance. Some people drink because they have absolutely nothing else to do with themselves. I guess the point im trying to get at is if me bartending is a bad occupation to have right now while im studying to be an educator to young students. With this occupation, I have learned a lot about many many people and characteristics. Some people actually confide in me to tell me their life stories and whats been going on. Its nice sometimes, but scary at the same time.

1 comment: